Re: Country(link?) - try walking instead

Hi Dave

Dave Proctor wrote in message <7vk31v$8as$1@news1.mpx.com.au>...

>A case in point is the Murwillumbah and Brisbane XPT's. When I have caught
>these trains, the SPA is not involved in cleaning or turning of seats. Yet
>they still close the buffet at Byron Bay (on NT3) and 30 mins before
>Brisbane on NT1. Why? They could really leave it open until they emerge
from
>the tunnel to enter Roma St - they do not have to do stocktake or revenue
>procedures, as the same crew works the train back.
>
>Another point. A senior PSS said he was amazed the buffet store was not
>located at Meeks Road - all XPT's have to go there, although some provision
>would have to be made for the Xploders.
>
>If they did this, they could close the buffet later (say Hornsby,
Blacktown,
>Liverpool) and the SPA could take the train through to Meeks Rd.

Just how long a shift would you have these pple working?  Working MT sets to
Meeks Road? U are aware that Countrylink doesnt want PSS's on MT car working
let alone Seniors?

The Dubbo is already nearly 15 hours, the 3 off the North are about 10.5
hours and the Melbournes are 12 hours... pretty fair shifts, considering
that with the north and south, they left Sydney the day before...

I dont know why the crews shut the Buffets on NT3 and NT1... doesnt make a
lot of sense...where there is a crew change involved a reconciliation and
stocktake is very necessary, as the senior is responsible for the cas and
stock on his/her shift...

Cheers
Jack
Queensland: Perfect One day
Beautiful the next
And wet for the other 363 days of the year