Re: Feedback needed

Tony Gatt <baulko@tig.com.au> wrote in message
381E2A37.C89FFC31@tig.com.au">news:381E2A37.C89FFC31@tig.com.au...

> So in return, you create a timetable with riduculous departure times.
> That way, if no-one uses the service because it is too inconvenient,
no-one will
> worry that the connections cannot be made..

Ridiculous? There are direct connections between the daylight Melbournes,
and the overnight Murwillumbahs.

At the moment, there is a situation where ST2 arrives Sydney at 0645, giving
20 minutes before NT3, 25 before WT27. Add an extra half hour to connect if
the change is made at Strathfield.

Quite often these connections are not held due to late running of ST2 - this
results in considerable inconvenience to Countrylink AND the the passengers
concerned. A way around this is to have connections that can be guaranteed,
and the only way to do this is to have ample time between services. I have
provided this.

> The service has to be able to cater for everybody to be efficient, and in
its
> current state, it will never get there...

Far more efficient that what is in existence NOW. You seriously think that
someone travelling from say Goulburn to Murwillumbah, using ST2 to get to
Sydney, who misses NT3 because of a late running ST2, really wants to sit
around in Sydney until 1624 for NT1?

The fact is that Countrylink do not currently guarantee that connection, but
people do it anyway. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

--
DaveProctor
thadocta AT dingoblue.net.au