Re: Melton - Bacchus Marsh close revisited.

David Johnson wrote:

> Zuol    Enginemen working No ..... to change over with enginemen working No ..... to
> avoid .....
>
> I think it is only NSW.  In the telegraph codes, where the code is in all capitals it
> is Australia wide, but small letters mean NSW specific.

That is what I thought. It appears that perhaps all states had a telegraph code book and
followed the tradition of capitals or bold printing for Australia wide codes and lower
case or ordinary type for local codes. Victoria had a lot of local codes not all of which
were related to safeworking.

Thinks to himself, perhaps we should get together an all time code book for all states.
Might be a bit of fun.

David.