Re: Melton - Bacchus Marsh close revisited.

On 24 May 1999 10:49:54 GMT, cmgord@ecr.mu.oz.au (Christopher_Martin
GORDON) wrote:

>Also the system is ASW if you are in Victoria.
>I went to Centrol last week and the head train controller called it
>ASW and that will put me straight.  Say what you want but when the
>head train controller calles it that, I give up. It is ASW.

In all official paperwork that I have seen the system is reffered to
as the "Section Authority System". Operating under this system is
reffered as "Section Authority Working". The area covered by this
system is called "Section Authority Territory".  The thing that
authorises movement is a "Section Authority".

The fact that just about everyone from Train Controllers to Drivers
call it ASW doesn't change this. Originally it was called "Alternative
Safeworking (ASW)" but this was changed to "Section Authority" quite a
while ago.

BTW the signallers at Pyrenees Loop finish on Wednesday. One of ARTCs
first moves has been to erect  a"2500m to end SAT" board on the down
(near Ararat) and a "2500m to end CTC" board approaching Pyrenees Loop
on the Up. Interesting that the light that look like 3pos Up departure
homes are described as the Up departure point indicators. AIUI ARTC
consider them such because they do not authorise movement; the Section
Authority does that.

Cheers

Krel

Waxy Wary Zany Zebu