Re: Melton - Bacchus Marsh close revisited.

Krel wrote:

> On 24 May 1999 10:49:54 GMT, cmgord@ecr.mu.oz.au (Christopher_Martin
> GORDON) wrote:
>
> >Also the system is ASW if you are in Victoria.
> >I went to Centrol last week and the head train controller called it
> >ASW and that will put me straight.  Say what you want but when the
> >head train controller calles it that, I give up. It is ASW.
> >
> In all official paperwork that I have seen the system is reffered to
> as the "Section Authority System". Operating under this system is
> reffered as "Section Authority Working". The area covered by this
> system is called "Section Authority Territory".  The thing that
> authorises movement is a "Section Authority".
>
> The fact that just about everyone from Train Controllers to Drivers
> call it ASW doesn't change this. Originally it was called "Alternative
> Safeworking (ASW)" but this was changed to "Section Authority" quite a
> while ago.

How do we get people to change to the correct name when officialdom uses
the incorrect name.

> BTW the signallers at Pyrenees Loop finish on Wednesday. One of ARTCs
> first moves has been to erect  a"2500m to end SAT" board on the down
> (near Ararat) and a "2500m to end CTC" board approaching Pyrenees Loop
> on the Up. Interesting that the light that look like 3pos Up departure
> homes are described as the Up departure point indicators. AIUI ARTC
> consider them such because they do not authorise movement; the Section
> Authority does that.

The signals at Manor, Gheringhap, Wingeel, Berrybank, Vite Vite and
Tatyoon Loops are also point indicators are they not. I have heard that
the drivers refer to them as home signals but as you mention above, they
do not give right of way only indicate that the road is set and locked.
What happened to the requests to have distant signals provided?

> Cheers
>
> Krel
>
> Waxy Wary Zany Zebu

Give matter special attention, See no delay occurs, Arrange accordingly
and Arrange and advise all concerned.

David Langley, Coils Avenel.

Peon Rosy.