Re: Melton - Bacchus Marsh close revisited.

On Tue, 25 May 1999 23:06:08 +1000, David Langley <del@ancc.com.au>
wrote:

>Krel wrote:
>
>> BTW the signallers at Pyrenees Loop finish on Wednesday. One of ARTCs
>> first moves has been to erect  a"2500m to end SAT" board on the down
>> (near Ararat) and a "2500m to end CTC" board approaching Pyrenees Loop
>> on the Up. Interesting that the light that look like 3pos Up departure
>> homes are described as the Up departure point indicators. AIUI ARTC
>> consider them such because they do not authorise movement; the Section
>> Authority does that.
>
>The signals at Manor, Gheringhap, Wingeel, Berrybank, Vite Vite and
>Tatyoon Loops are also point indicators are they not. I have heard that
>the drivers refer to them as home signals but as you mention above, they
>do not give right of way only indicate that the road is set and locked.

According to PTC rules they are Homes. ARTC has adopted these rules
until they can standardise a set of their own, then they will become
point indicators.

>What happened to the requests to have distant signals provided?

ARTC is investigating the possibility of installing Distant Point
Indicators at some or all Loops.

>> Cheers
>>
>> Krel
>>
>> Waxy Wary Zany Zebu
>
>Give matter special attention, See no delay occurs, Arrange accordingly
>and Arrange and advise all concerned.
>
>David Langley, Coils Avenel.
>
>Peon Rosy.

Okay, I give up - I've been away from telegraph code for too long.
Peon means further to the above, or something like that.
I remember great coded telegrams - SL16 zeno Uranquinty, zona Wagga,
zuol Junee, zebu.

Cheers

Krel

Waxy Wary Zany Zebu