Re: Kensington grain siding - Part II

: I also found this infromation:

: 05-11-1969   Up home signal Nš. 2 converted to an automatic signal and
: renumbered E424.

: I would assume that it was a controlled auto signal (still utilising no.2
: lever), a simple removal of the "stick" circuit that requires the lever to
: be placed normal, before the signal can be cleared to proceed.

It was actually a home signal, one of the few that protected nothing, just
a home to stop goods train passing it until a clear run up the hill.

I think there was one a Footscray like that as well.

When were the goods lines removed from Kensington?

--
Chris Gordon
http://www.ecr.mu.oz.au/~cmgord