Re: Kensington grain siding - Part II

The old diagram from the days of Double Interlocked Gates, and the Lever
frame (75 levers in the end), is on display at North Williamstown Railway
Museum. Check it out, as I believe it was current up until the abolition in
1969.

I also found this infromation:

05-11-1969   Up home signal Nš. 2 converted to an automatic signal and
renumbered E424.

I would assume that it was a controlled auto signal (still utilising no.2
lever), a simple removal of the "stick" circuit that requires the lever to
be placed normal, before the signal can be cleared to proceed.

Not that that makes too much difference, the frame was abolished on
16-11-1969 (11 days later) and replaced with the McKenzie & Holland panel
that is there now.

--
Thanks, Tony.
Railpix Australia - http://www.railpage.org.au/railpix