Re: ATTN DAVID B RE 32'S IN TIBET

Now now Simon - you're being facetious and noone on this board ever wants to accused of that do they!
Your pic was nicely done. considering the prototype you chose, but keep in mind that blue is a dangerous colour for a locomotive in a snowstorm as many gangers, being colourblind, cant see a blue loco coming. So on this basis your picture would have to be contrived I'd say.
Nice try though.

Now.
I'm truely sorry about this, but the blizzard I spoke of earlier has blocked out even Satellite transmission at present, so there will be a delay of 24 hours before I can get the pictures we've been promised to you all. In the meantime keep the donations coming in. You will note that David has been absent from this board for at least 2 days. This is because of the many people calling to pledge money to this cause.So if you have not yet indicated how much you are prepared to contribute to repatriate one of Australia's lost steam locos, please do it soon as there is a need to get cracking on this whole thing.

In the meantime, thank you to those who have already sent money. Your contributions are valued. When the loco is back in Australia we have decided to signwrite the names of all who have contributed on one side of the loco. This is a two edged sword though, because anyone we think should have contributed but didn't will get their name sign written on the other side,

So people - famous people, like, say, Eddie Oliver who are yet commit personal funds to the project will certainly be listed there if they are not forthcoming soon!

Well, I'll be going now - there's a heap of mail in my MB for some reason!
Graham

Simon Lister wrote:

Just found an elusive photo of such a loco close to everest.  Sorry about the
quality - was being chased by a yetti at the time!

http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~Slisters/index.htm

--
The Coramba Creek Timber Company's Railway
Web Page: