Re: ATTN DAVID B RE 32'S IN TIBET

Lambing Flat ("bullack(nospam)"@cia.com.au) wrote:

> Some further information regarding the TNR class 5A (ex NSWGR 32 class) has come to
> light from intelligence gathered through the NSWGR Detail Police (lack of)
> Intelligence Section.  (Motto:  We have Spies Everywhere.   Err...... that should
> read;  Our Quality Assurance Inspectors Are Ever Vigilant).  The original source is
> believed to be an organisation with initials quite similar to LF's ISP.

I dug out an old copy of Railway Indigestable and found an article about a
group of TNR officialls who got the grand tour of NSW in 1934, hauled by
32 class locos throughout. The photo in the article shows 3265 taking
water at Gosford, with what looks like VHO-MAL-AB90-PAM11 behind.

> Great interest was also shown in the Standard Goods classes by the management of the
> TNR for the same reason, however before any firm offers could be made the country
> was taken over by the Chinese Government and with the determined attempt to suppress
> the local culture that resulted from this event, no further purchases of ex NSWGR
> locomotives were attempted.

Locomotives built in South Australia suffered the same fate.

Cheers
David