Re: Time to wake up Steamrail Board Ban Alcohol On Your Tours

In article <37351DA4.1CB6@zip.com.au> Roy Marshall <marsh@zip.com.au> writes:
>From: Roy Marshall <marsh@zip.com.au>
>Subject: Re: Time to wake up Steamrail Board Ban Alcohol On Your Tours
>Date: Sun, 09 May 1999 15:31:17 +1000

>> > Personally I have given tours away in NSW because (a) they
>> >are really only run for the general public now, not enthusiasts
>>
>> >Cheers Roy
>>
>> The reason tours are now run for the general public is because there is more
>> public than railfans. Also the cost of running a tour is to high to run with a
>> small number of people.
>>
>> David Malcolm

>And by targeting the general public exclusively the societies have
>driven the enthusiasts away from the hobby. You can't really say that
>the movement in NSW is in a very healthy state at the moment, especially
>around the Sydney region.

>Cheers Roy

That may be so, but running trains for enthusiasts only doesn't make any
money, which is shown by the last long distance trains run by ARHS ACT. I'm
would like to say enthusiast specific trains have a future, but the costs are
just to great.

Dave Malcolm