Re: Time to wake up Steamrail Board Ban Alcohol On Your Tours

"John Wayman" <trecker@bigpond.com> wrote:

> Why not ignore these people having a quiet drink

Its not the quiet drinkers who are the problem!

> Patronage on these tours would be less without alcohol being allowed.

Maybe yes, maybe no.

> A can of beer or a glass of wine in good company can help
> turn an otherwise bleak experience into an enjoyable one for people that way
> inclined.

> Alcohol has always been smuggled onto steam trips, but it is much healthier
> that the practice is recognised, and believe me there is money to be made in
> catering for these people.

Would you support a strict "carry on" alcholol limit, such as imposed
at major cricket venues now a days to contain similar problems with
obnoxious behaviour resulting form excesive alcohol consumption?

> Consumption of alcohol is still an acceptable practice in our society

Public drunkeness has never been an acceptable practice.

Cheers,

Bill