Re: Time to wake up Steamrail Board Ban Alcohol On Your Tours

> "John Wayman" <trecker@bigpond.com> wrote:
>
> > Why not ignore these people having a quiet drink
>
> Its not the quiet drinkers who are the problem!
>
> > Patronage on these tours would be less without alcohol being allowed.
>
> Maybe yes, maybe no.
>
> > A can of beer or a glass of wine in good company can help
> > turn an otherwise bleak experience into an enjoyable one for people that way
> > inclined.
>
> > Alcohol has always been smuggled onto steam trips, but it is much healthier
> > that the practice is recognised, and believe me there is money to be made in
> > catering for these people.
>
> Would you support a strict "carry on" alcholol limit, such as imposed
> at major cricket venues now a days to contain similar problems with
> obnoxious behaviour resulting form excesive alcohol consumption?
>
> > Consumption of alcohol is still an acceptable practice in our society
>
> Public drunkeness has never been an acceptable practice.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Bill

Wht not have a 'no carry on rule'. That way you can make money out of
selling alcohol and also decide if someone has had enough by not selling
it to them. Personally I have given tours away in NSW because (a) they
are really only run for the general public now, not enthusiasts,(b) the
last tour I went on was advertised as having food and drink on board but
this was all gone by 10.30am.There was no refreshment break organised
despite hours sitting in sidings.And (c) the last two tours I went on
ran a combined 5 hours late.

Cheers Roy