Re: Time to wake up Steamrail Board Ban Alcohol On Your Tours

> > Personally I have given tours away in NSW because (a) they
> >are really only run for the general public now, not enthusiasts
>
> >Cheers Roy
>
> The reason tours are now run for the general public is because there is more
> public than railfans. Also the cost of running a tour is to high to run with a
> small number of people.
>
> David Malcolm

And by targeting the general public exclusively the societies have
driven the enthusiasts away from the hobby. You can't really say that
the movement in NSW is in a very healthy state at the moment, especially
around the Sydney region.

Cheers Roy