Re: New logic on Metcard

"David Proctor" <daproc@spam_this.umpires.com> writes:

>It is directly comparable to the Sydney system - the only meaningful
>difference is the lack of validators at railway stations (and I agree it is
>silly to have to validate an already valid ticket at an ungated station).
>You walk on the bus or tram (buses only in Sydney), if you do not have a
>ticket, you buy one. If you do, you put it in the validator. End of story.

...and on a tram, there's no one to check that you do it and it proves nothing.
So what's the point?  It just slows everyone down.

The ticket is already paid for and is valid - bugger revalidating - I'm going
to get a seat before they're all gone.

--
Paul Dwerryhouse                                        paul@xenu.ee.mu.oz.au
"The growing use of e-mail, not to mention Web-page publishing, threatens to