Re: Channel 7 "Learners Show" Tram Driving.

> > > The late Northern Tablelands Express was well known for rough riding
when
> > > running to timetable. Werris
> > > Creek and Tamworth!
Back in the good old days (1979) when one could purchase a 14 day first
class Nurail pass , my wife and I were subjected to this excuse for a train
when we went to see some friends at Tamworth. One could not fill the coffee
cup more than one third full it was so rough.
Melanie who is a seasoned traveller having travelled extensively around the
world was ill and took some 3 hours to recover on our arrival at Tamworth.
Wild horses could not drag her back on the NTE so we caught the Mail back in
the comfort of BAM 2205 with 4535 burbling away up front- ah those were the
days!
20 years later I reminded her of that trip and she raised her eyes to
heavens in horror of that trip. She still vividly remembers that trip.
Everyone probably has a horror tale of riding on the dreaded DEB Sets.
Regards

NMF