Re: Channel 7 "Learners Show" Tram Driving.

"David Bennetts" <davibenn@pcug.org.au> wrote:

>he was giving the passengers such an
>uncomfortable ride by notching up far too fast and similarly braking too
>hard.   I agree with Mark that it is easy to drive a tram, but to drive such
>a heavy lethal weapon down busy streets in a safe manner, and giving
>passengers a smooth ride is not something everyone is capable of.

How to give passengers a smooth ride is something that National Bus
drivers seem to never have learnt. Almost without exception they take
off suddenly and brake at the last minute even when coming up to a bus
stop. Some are worse than others, others are just bad.

mgm