Re: Ringwood

Tony Gatt wrote:

> I am not too sure what the triangle bits are.. I believe they have a lot to
> do with track circuiting (David L, help me here...)

Help, well I'll see what I can do.  The "chunks" you are talking about - fixed
train stops - are not sufficient these days as proved by the Broadmeadows
incident. Nowadays it is preferred to have a proper train stop as it can be
electrically detected in the trip position even if it is not required to operate
because the adjacent signal is a fixed red/red.

David Langley.