Re: Ringwood

David Langley <del@ancc.com.au> wrote in message
37773B82.A6F77654@ancc.com.au">news:37773B82.A6F77654@ancc.com.au...
> Tony Gatt wrote:
>
> > I am not too sure what the triangle bits are.. I believe they have a lot
> > do with track circuiting (David L, help me here...)
>
> Help, well I'll see what I can do.  The "chunks" you are talking about -
fixed
> train stops - are not sufficient these days as proved by the Broadmeadows
> incident. Nowadays it is preferred to have a proper train stop as it can
be
> electrically detected in the trip position even if it is not required to
operate
> because the adjacent signal is a fixed red/red.

Yep, got that bit.. fine with that.. but...

I need to know about the triangle things inside the left hand rail. They sit
next to the signal and look like they may be some form of detector loop for
the passing of wheels. I believe there are some on the Epping line...

They look like a plastic "wedge" and sit flat to the sleepers..

> David Langley.

Tony.