Re: Ringwood

> > I would have thought they would use the standard "chunk of metal" like
Box
> > Hill or Cheltenham....
>
> Chunk of metal?  Is that those grey triangle shaped boxes on the inside of
the
> rail?
>
> If not, what are the `chunks of metal' and what are those triangle things?

I am not too sure what the triangle bits are.. I believe they have a lot to
do with track circuiting (David L, help me here...)

The "chunk" I was refering to is a peice of metal attached to a sleeper next
to a signal in the absence of a working train stop. When the Signal only
displays full stop, there is no need for a train stop that will lower, hence
the use of a solid peice of metal.