Re: Suggestions for a better Melbourne

David Bromage <dbromage@omni.com.au> wrote in message
3776DDA9.27A4B20F@omni.com.au">news:3776DDA9.27A4B20F@omni.com.au...
> > *  Electrification of the rail line from St. Albans to Sunbury, with
> > stations at Keilor Downs (Taylors Rd., Keilor Downs), Taylors Lakes
(Proctor
> > Cres., Keilor Downs), Sydenham (current station),
>
> Sydenham is being relocated as part of the current electrification.
> But otherwise a sensible suggestion.

If you were to turn to the maps 3 and 13 in the latest Melway (Ed. 26,
1999), you will notice that the Calder Park station is already mapped (3
B9).  The current location of Sydenham is fine where it is.  The mass
expansion of Sydenham and Taylors Lakes, plus the construction of the
enormous Watergardens Shopping Centre, warrants the remaining position of
the current site.  The proposed Sydenham station mapped in the Melway (13
E2) is really badly positioned.  My proposal is to move it further south (to
13 G4) and rename it Taylors Lakes.  This way it can serve eastern Delahey,
western Taylors Lakes and western Keilor Downs.  Also, the mapped Keilor
Downs station should be moved a little closer to the roundabout.