Re: LA Rail Revival

Mike Newman wrote in message ...
>> Additionally, the Green Line (light rail) was named so because it runs
>> along a freeway, and the dominant color of freeway signage is green.
>
>Would the Green Line have been near complete in early 1994? ISTR a LRT
>line being built along the central reservation of an (also quite new)
>freeway during my visit not long after the earthquake.
>
>Mike

You are spot on - it goes down the centre of the Century Freeway I-105,
whizzing past the clogged road traffic at 55 mph.   If you have seen the
movie Speed 1995 with Sandra Bullock at the wheel of a booby-trapped bus you
get a glimpse of the freeway and the light rail line down the middle, still
under construction.  Also you see the red line subway in the movie.   I
highly recommend you look up Elson's excellent website for more info, you'll
find it at www.wgn.net/~elson/larail

Regards

David Bennetts
Canberra