Re: 422 rumours

<<<<<Don't know how accurate this is, but a couple of years ago, V/Line tried
maxamize returns from sale of surplus equipment. They got more from Scrap
merchants than Private operators were prepared to pay! Museums seemed to get
around this as several locos did get to Steam Rail, and Seymour.
Maybe  our friends at wally Rail can add to this?

If its true I say, good for V/Line, why not try to get as much for your assets
as possible?

But to let sellable loco's lie around that could generate cash is insanity.

Its a good thing the beauracrats got employed by the government, no one else
would employ them!

Mark.

Visit my train pic website at:
http://home.earthlink.net/~markbau/