Re: New Signal Panel at Ringwood

: For a while I remember there was an obscure fault with the signals that
: prevented trains from splitting at Willie, I never found out what sort of
: fault would prevent a train from splitting?

I don't know too much about train detection but say you leave behind
one carrage/wagon in the middle of automatic signalling section
the signals will not pick this up.  But it an area with home signals/points
it will know.  I think the problem of Willie was the first 3 cars would
leave and the track circuits thought the platform had no train in it.

To put it another way, to set the track as occupied with home signals/points
you need a crowbar (expect right next to the signal) but for
automatic signalling you need 20c near the signal (ie the crowbar won't
work).

Chris Gordon
http://www.ecr.mu.oz.au/~cmgord