Re: Bayside Trains driver stood down.

David Johnson <trainman@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
37934188.3F3A85DB@ozemail.com.au">news:37934188.3F3A85DB@ozemail.com.au...
> Exnarc wrote:
>
> > Your sources are wrong or just plain liers.
>
> That may be the case, but I don't believe so.
>
> > No engineman would do 140km/h on a freight train when the speed is
115km/h,
> > and in the case of NRC thier locos (NRs) are fitted with Event Loggers
that
> > show everything except when the crew farts.
>
> Like no engineman would do 80 km/h over the Wagga Wagga viaduct.

My recollection is that the speed over the Wagga Wagga viaduct is 80km/h???

Paul Johnson correct me if I'm wrong, its been a long time since I ran to
Junee.

> It was a long time ago, and I would expect that it no longer happens.  It
was
> also prior to the delivery of the NR class locomotives.

Well aren't 81's limited by their gear ratio, just like all locomotives???

My recollection here is that (to use the imperial messurements) is 83
MPH!!!!!

Thats a little short of 140km/h isn't it????

Look David, don't take this personally as I'm sure your post was in good
faith, but 140 km/h is pure bullshit, I assure you. I've been at this game
over 36 years & worked in NSW, Victoria and SA and I just don't believe

Bob.