Re: Bayside Trains driver stood down.

Tony Gatt wrote in message <7ms99c$ock$1@toto.tig.com.au>...

>"speed proving" was in operation at the crossing, and also indicating that
>the speed of the train could not be varied between that point and crossing
>for maximum efficiency of the circuit.
>
>Can anybody tell me what the symbol on the sign was/is??

A large rect. sign, same size and shape as a Freeway 100 kph sign [both made
by DeNeefe at Eltham]
predominantly white , reflectorised, with a large black circle filled with
an X (X)
and most gangers have not got a clue what they mean or where to place them!
The new crossing between Donnybrook and Craigeburn has them facing the wrong
way on the UP and too far away from the crossing. The equipment is able to
save the information each time the crossing is activated and could be used
to save or sink a driver, if a crossing incident occurred.
Rod