Re: Melb.Australia Rolling stock

Exnarc wrote in message <7ms8r8$2jse$1@otis.netspace.net.au>...

>Roderick Smith <rodsmith@werple.net.au> wrote in message
>>Rod,
>
>I think the problems with double deckers in Melbourne is that having only 2
>doors each side, it  proves to be slow loading when compared to a Comeng.
>
>Whilst I guess Sydney hasn't found this a problem it is here.
>
>(Personally I would like to see more 4D's).
>
>Bob.

Here! Here! I agree, you just have to train the fools to stand in the right
place, stand aside so the train can empty and then quickly board the
train!..........on the other hand maybe not! perhaps our fore-fathers had
the right idea with the Taits, doors right along the side.  NSW has been
training theirs for many years, and I suppose it is starting to become
'inborn' now.
Rod