Re: Melb.Australia Rolling stock

Rod wrote:

> Here! Here! I agree, you just have to train the fools to stand in the right
> place, stand aside so the train can empty and then quickly board the
> train!..........on the other hand maybe not! perhaps our fore-fathers had
> the right idea with the Taits, doors right along the side.  NSW has been
> training theirs for many years, and I suppose it is starting to become
> 'inborn' now.

Nup.  At Town Hall Platform 4 in the afternoon peak, one set of doors will take
5 times longer than all the other doors on the whole train.  This is because at
that location on the platform is the escalator going up at Town Hall, but also
everyone wants to get on there, as it stops next to the stairs at Rockdale.

--
David Johnson
CityRail Guard