Re: Melb.Australia Rolling stock

Exnarc wrote:
> I think the problems with double deckers in Melbourne is that having only 2
> doors each side, it  proves to be slow loading when compared to a Comeng.

Comeng came up with a solution to that problem 20 years ago! They designed
some 25m long DD suburban cars with doors 1.9m wide. This provides three
effective openings in each doorway - one from each set of steps and one
from the end saloon.

And these cars were also designed to negotiate 145m radius curves without
fouling anything.

Cheers
David