Re: Bayside Trains driver stood down.

> The level crossings in that section detect the speed of the train and
lower at the
> correct time.  You would never have a train passing the crossing without
it
> opeating.

I will ignore the missing r from the last word.....

A few crossings in victoria were fitted with speed detectors, at the
beginning of the "detector section", a post with a symbol indicating that
"speed proving" was in operation at the crossing, and also indicating that
the speed of the train could not be varied between that point and crossing
for maximum efficiency of the circuit.

Can anybody tell me what the symbol on the sign was/is??

Tony Gatt.