Re: Bayside Trains driver stood down.

David Johnson <trainman@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
3791EF5F.5E445284@ozemail.com.au">news:3791EF5F.5E445284@ozemail.com.au...
> Rod wrote:
>
> >  The equipment is able to
> > save the information each time the crossing is activated and could be
used
> > to save or sink a driver, if a crossing incident occurred.
>
> The level crossings in the Junee - Albury section also record the speed of
the
> train.  A number of NRC trains have indicated speeds of over 140km/h at
these
> crossings.  The detectors may or may not be accurate, but the RAC person I
was
> talking to says radar checks have confirmed their accuracy.
>
> --
> David Johnson
> CityRail Guard
> trainman@ozemail.com.au
> http://www.ozemail.com.au/~trainman/

Here we go National Rail bashing again!!!

It always amazes me how this crap can be passed on.

Your sources are wrong or just plain liers.

No engineman would do 140km/h on a freight train when the speed is 115km/h,
and in the case of NRC thier locos (NRs) are fitted with Event Loggers that
show everything except when the crew farts.

I don't know about what happens in Sydney but these loco's loggers are down
loaded (to laptop computer) regulaly in Melbourne and at Go-nads and any
irresponsible action like that would result in the crew being sacked. And so
they should be!!!!

I don't have much love for NRC as a company (as I'm an Exnarc) but the crews
I worked with in NRC were all very professional and responsible Enginemen.

So lets cut the crap about 140km/h trains at crossing. It just doesn't
happen!!!!!!!

Bob.