Re: [AUS] Radio forum on public transport

Michael wrote in message <8E02D24D8telstraNews@vic.news.telstra.net>...
>A car will also cost me at least $30 per week in petrol, $1000 per year
>in insurance, (because i am under 25), $500 per year in registration and
>a further $500+ per year in maintenance. That equals a grand total of
>$3560 per year to own a car and take it to/from work every day.
>
>The train costs me a grand total of $993.20 per year.

But surely you're gonna have a car anyway? So deduct the insurance,
rego, and probably 2/3 of the maintenance. Sounds like it's about $500
more to drive; and if you save an hour each day, plus the extra comfort
and not having to breathe everyone's halitosis, surely that's worth it?

-Forg (Elsewhere)