Re: Independent Review of Rail Safety Arrangements in Australia

> What happened to the fitter? Did they attach all the blame to him, or
> was it identified that there were systemic problems in allowing such a
> situation to arise? And what did they do to prevent a recurrence?
>
> Eddie

I believe he was transfered to Caulfield works? Of cause they put the whole
blame on him!!! However from what a Signal Fitter mate of my told me at the
time, the reason he didn't conduct the tests was fatigue, (I know, no
excuss)  they where all working long shifts (12 hours a day) trying to get
the work finished on the resignalling for the second line to open that
weekend.

In answer to the last point, I don't know??? But probably not!!!

Bob.