Re: Independent Review of Rail Safety Arrangements in Australia

Exnarc <gwrly@netspace.net.au> wrote in message
842gev$24mh$1@otis.netspace.net.au">news:842gev$24mh$1@otis.netspace.net.au...
> > first train karks it en route, there is no one to protect the rear of
the
> > train, so the following train would go right up the rear (unless I am
> > missing something here).
>
> Doo and Train Staff & Ticket, (In Vic) we run it all the time on the
> Hurstbridge Line,
> If you haven't got the "Acre" Message you can't let another tain in the
> section to run up the rear of the first, we don't have time interval since
> DOO was introduced.

But what if the next train is let into the section without the "Acre" being
received? ( a not unknown occurrence and the biggest shortcoming in the S&T
system).

I suppose on today's railway with destaffing and removal of previously
existing safety systems, management can blame it on "human error" and dump
it all on the poor blighter who made the mistake even though previously
existing preventative  systems had been removed.  The management
scapegoating of the poor blighter at Ararat in today's press is the latest
example of this.

Cheers,

John Kerley