Re: Independent Review of Rail Safety Arrangements in Australia

Exnarc <gwrly@netspace.net.au> wrote in message
845ckv$2i2r$1@otis.netspace.net.au">news:845ckv$2i2r$1@otis.netspace.net.au...
> John Kerley <deaftech@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
> jBk94.2700$n23.9002@ozemail.com.au">news:jBk94.2700$n23.9002@ozemail.com.au...

> > But what if the next train is let into the section without the "Acre"
> being
> > received? ( a not unknown occurrence and the biggest shortcoming in the
> S&T system).

<snip>

> Actually I don't recall ever hearing of a train entering a ST&T section
> without the "Acre" being received, (It may have happened but it is so rare
> that I can't recall it ever happening in my 37 year on the job)!!!

Gee you don't get around much...|-)

Hillside managed to send a spark on the up from Hurstbridge without anything
a while ago, and another railway has big problems with ACRE messages. (but
I've already said to much)

--
Mr Notagunzel.
Rail Transportation Connoisseur