Re: Independent Review of Rail Safety Arrangements in Australia

Exnarc wrote:

> I recall a few years ago (about September 1981) I was running an Up Ballarat
> Goods (via Geelong) towards Lara, when the auto signal in advance went from
> GREEN to RED, I stopped, was about to move off, when the 2020 Up Geelong
> Pass hit me in the rear at about 50km/h, he had a Proceed indication on the
> Auto, (a wrong side failure, human error).

Please explain what actually happened in both the signalling failures
and the human error. In particular, what caused the auto to show Proceed
when it should not? Do you mean that it was human error which caused the
signal to fail wrong-side?

Eddie Oliver