Re: Boo Hiss to Hillside

On Fri, 17 Dec 1999 12:13:59 +1100, Railvic <railvic@primus.com.au>
wrote:
>Just remember, when obtaining buses during peak hour, it is vertually impossible
>as majority of them will be making their regular runs.

I'm not sure that this is entirely true.  Remember the cup day weekend
last year, when the Boronia tunnel connection was not completed in
time, so the railway remained closed for the Wednesday and until about
9.30am on the Thursday?  Enough buses were found then (mostly from
Ventura) to replace train services between Ferntree Gully and
Bayswater.

I am assuming (and it may be a rather big assumption) that the only
reason that buses were not found sooner was a lack of bus drivers.

Regards,

Chris Brown