Re: Boo Hiss to Hillside

Not every bus is on the road every day. Buses (like trains and trams) have
regular days in the workshop. It is possible to occasionally use these
vehicles to cope with an emergency or peak demands where this situation is
anticipated in advance.

The Met requires that there be a spare bus available for each bus route. An
operator of many routes such as Ventura or Grendas thus have many spare
buses - to cover breakdowns and out of service periods.

But it is impossible to send out vehicles after the wheels have been removed
or the motor is dismantled. The mechanics are often regarded as emergency
bus drivers.

Vehicle maintenance must be done at some time, despite operators preferring
vehicles to be available 100% of the time!

Cheers
John Wayman

385a097a.27598484@news.alphalink.com.au">news:385a097a.27598484@news.alphalink.com.au...