Boo Hiss to Hillside

Caught the 4.11 up from Belgrave to connect to the 1815 Shepparton out of Spencer
St.( I believe in allowing for plenty of time).  Held at Bayswater, 'fire on the
line at Nunawading". 10 minutes. Held at Ringwood for about 25 minutes before the Up
was terminated and turned into 2127 Dn Belgrave. Left standing, 5 down trains had
come through. Announcement, "fire trucks on the line at Nunawading". Get on a bus at
5.50 pm to go to Box Hill. Observe two Up empty cars pass the bus on the way to Box
Hill. Bus arrives at Box Hill at 6.32, I catch a 6.35  to Spencer St. SM at Spencer
St very understanding, negotiates with conductor and gets me a seat on the XPT to
Benalla. Excellent customer service from both the SM and the XPT crew. SM rings
Hillside to see if they will offer some compensation to me ( I have since spent $65
on a taxi from Benalla to Shep). Hillside advises SM that Hillside Trains do not
guarantee any connection to any other service.  Boo Hiss. And a vote for excellence
in customer sevice to VLine Pass.

Chris