Re: Boo Hiss to Hillside

> As Sam has mentioned earlier that when train disruption happened
during
> peak, it is vertually impossible to get a bus or two within an hour
as they
> will be making their regular runs.  Let me assure you that station
staff
> would have done their best to obtain buses - often by ringing all the
bus
> companies in the area.

Which indicates a lack of contingency planning.

> Vaughan, I assume you're talking about up trains running on the down
line
> during this disruption.  If this is so, then obviously you don't know
how
> railways institute "single line working with pilot person".  Besides,
the
> fire at Nunawading happened on a short stretch of grass land between
up line
> and private property back fence.  When you have fire trucks and
emergency
> workers on the line, you wouldn't want to run any train through that
> section.

According to the person who kicked off this thread (whose name escapes
me at the moment because I"m sloshed, having just returned from an xmas
party), down trains to ringwood were running more or less unaffected.

Ergo, the down line wasn't affected. And also, they were running empty
trains back towards the city along the up line.

I'm not denying that a fire on or near the tracks would cause
significant disruption. I am saying that the contingency planning left
much to be desired.

Vaughan

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.