Re: Channel 9 Exclusive Access Rights to Glenbrook Rail Tragedy Site???

On Wed, 08 Dec 1999 03:12:09 GMT, 5dtv@ucaqld.com.au (Robert Whyte)
wrote:

>On Sat, 04 Dec 1999 14:02:40 GMT, royboy@DELETE_THIS.bit.net.au (Roy
>Wilke) wrote:

(snippage)

>Even stranger, the Ch 10 weatherman in Brisbane is actually *Ray*
>Wilke, not Allan. Does *ANYONE* (including Paddy) know who or what he
>was referring to with the Allan comment?

>Robert Whyte

><I apologise for the possible lateness of this reply as I have been
>having ISP troubles for the last several days>

Yes. The Ch 10 weatherman in Brisbane has the surname "Wilkie" - the
letter "i" appears twice and it has a Scottish derivation, whereas my
surname has only ONE "i" and is East Prussian (near the Polish
border).

Alan Wilke (no relation) was a prominent meteorologist down Sydney
about 20 or 30 years ago.