Re: New CityRail rolling stock

Lets try again. The contract signed by Clyde Engineering is for 80 cars being
20x 4 car sets. The 81 cars won't be in service by 2001 however they will begin
deliveries in early 2001. There are options for a further 15 +15 sets (120 cars)
and a decision on the options will be made after the first 5 sets have been
commisioned. There shouldn't be any "extra carriages" as these cars will replace
all the Tulloch trailers as well as accident damaged cars. As there is not a
state election till 2003 I would not expect that any change in government would
affect the options for the additional cars. This decision would be based on the
quality of the cars delivered.If you still don't believe me about the 80 cars
(not 81) take a look at:
http://www.evansdeakin.com.au/edi/Frames/frames_clyde.htm
and
http://www.cityrail.nsw.gov.au/projects/millenium_train.htm