[VIC] TRAINS and V/Net Trouble

Today, whilst at work at Reservoir, I tried to book a ticket using the
TRAINS (Train Reservation Accounting and Information Network System).
The ticket was from Melbourne to Mildura and return Via Bendigo. The
passenger was travelling on the 18th of August and returning 2 weeks
later.

The forward portion of the booking was completed without a problem, but
when I came to the return, I couldn't book it, as the system told me
that the service was "suspended". I called the help desk and they told
me that TRAINS wouldn't book anything after the 28th of August.
They then went on to tell me that V/Net was supposed to commence today,
but bugs with the reservation system hadn't been worked out yet, so
V/Net can only sell unreserved seats.

At the moment, there is no way at all that a booking can be made for a
date after 28/08/99. I had to sell the passenger a 1 way ticket and tell
him to book his return in Mildura (and hope that V/Net works by the time
he wants to come home)!

Does anyone know when V/Net will be working and when Hillside's suburban
stations will be provided with it?