Re: [VIC] TRAINS and V/Net Trouble

Jennifer Richmond wrote in message <37A8058B.4E6C9EBA@melbpc.org.au>...
>Today, whilst at work at Reservoir, I tried to book a ticket using the
>TRAINS (Train Reservation Accounting and Information Network System).
>The ticket was from Melbourne to Mildura and return Via Bendigo. The
>passenger was travelling on the 18th of August and returning 2 weeks
>later.
>

>At the moment, there is no way at all that a booking can be made for a
>date after 28/08/99. I had to sell the passenger a 1 way ticket and tell
>him to book his return in Mildura (and hope that V/Net works by the time
>he wants to come home)!

This is interesting, as I had heard that Victoria had been separated from
the rest of Trains (i.e. NSW & Qld), but I had not appreciated that they had
not yet changed systems.

I made a booking this morning with Countrylink for 4 PAX MEL to SYD on 31
OCT on the morning service (at 50% discount) with no problems at all.

Countrylink have apparently postponed the new (based on VIA's programme) for
another week until 23 AUG.

Tony Bailey