Re: Fares - Sydney vs Melbourne

On Wed, 4 Aug 1999 22:18:26 +1000, "Michael Walker"
<walker@hotkey.net.au> wrote:

>>Or another example.  Buy the same ticket in the evening - in Sydney
>>you get off peak fares bringing the cost down to (at a guess)
>>something like $2.50.  Melbourne fare remains at $4.60.
>>
>Define evening. After 6pm, you buy a 2 hour ticket which lasts until the
>last train. Cost: $2.30 (Zone 1).

Sorry, forgot about that.  I cannot remember the last time I ever
travelled on Melbourne trains at such a time, at the start of a
journey as opposed to coming home from work.  I travel by train at
those times much more often when interstate as I don't have my car
with me, and am continually surprised at how cheap Sydney travel is
when catching a train at 5-5:30pm or later.  Or have my brain cells
shut down totally, and I am thinking of 7pm?  I can't remember any
more...

JD

John Dennis                         jdennis@acslink.net.au
Melbourne                                  denjo02@cai.com
Australia                   Home of the Dutton Bay Tramway
DBT URL:       http://www.acslink.net.au/~jdennis/dbt.html