Re: Cityrail fare rises suck

Zebee Johnstone <zebee@zip.com.au> wrote:

> The only time public transport in Sydney is really viable is if you have
> a trainstation within walking distance at each end of your every
> journey, or a travelpass and all your travel is within the Government
> bus area, and you don't want to carry anything of size (such as the
> weekly shopping).

I'll go further than this - it only makes sense when as well as the
above, you have only ONE train to catch to do the trip. Living in the
Blue Mountains and working in Sydney, I found that anytime you needed to
change trains, or from train to bus, you could guarantee being late at
least once a week.

But now I live in Canberra and a 15 minute drive beats a two hour
commute!

--
Dr A.P. Whichello                                    Phone: +61 2 6268
8191

"I wish to God these calculations had been executed by Steam!" - C.
Babbage