Re: Cityrail fare rises suck

Adrian Whichello <adrianw@ee.adfa.oz.au> wrote in message
1dw21y4.l3m0w6ir7o88N@adrian.ee.adfa.edu.au">news:1dw21y4.l3m0w6ir7o88N@adrian.ee.adfa.edu.au...

> I'll go further than this - it only makes sense when as well as the
> above, you have only ONE train to catch to do the trip. Living in the
> Blue Mountains and working in Sydney, I found that anytime you needed to
> change trains, or from train to bus, you could guarantee being late at
> least once a week.

You ain't kidding.

I live at Thornleigh and work in different parts of town at different times.
If I'm working in Chatswood, the train journey via Hornsby could take just
40 minutes. But the trains only meet as scheduled on about two out of three
occasions. A near miss, means a 30 minute wait and so it takes well over an
hour for a trip that takes 15 minutes in a car. Travelling home from
anywhere between Chatswood and Milson's Point requires an iron nerve and
plenty of patience. Some days when I really tired, I'll travel via the
City...which can take an hour and 20 minutes...but at least I know I'm
travelling towards my destination...

The really odd thing is that I've noticed City buses connect with ferries
like clockwork. Why is that?