Re: New CityRail rolling stock

The contract signed by Clyde is for 80 cars. There are no spare cars to be built
in this contract. The $4m figure is money that was used to refurbish Cardiff
Workshops as a part of that contract. Also I can confirm that Cityrail will only
pay for each set as it is accepted into service and not before. If they are
unhappy with the sets they will go back to the manufacturer untill they get it
right. I guess they got well and truely bitten with the Tangara contract. Also
it is likeley that cars of a similar design may be built for Bayside trains at
cardiff as shells and finished off at Somerton in Victoria.
Cheers
Bob