Re: Loco hauled suburbans in Brisbane

Stuart Thyer <sthyer@anatomy.unimelb.edu.au> wrote in message
sthyer-1008990857150001@anatpc131.anatomy.unimelb.edu.au">news:sthyer-1008990857150001@anatpc131.anatomy.unimelb.edu.au...
> Does anyone know if there are any diesel loco hauled suburban sets still
> operating in the Brisbane peak.  I am coming up shortly and was looking to
> ride one if they were still in existance.

If you specifically mean DIESEL loco's, there are 4 in the morning peak
only. In addition to this there are 3 morning and 3 afternoon peak services
hauled by electric loco.

Morning peak inbound.
-------------------------------
39P0 ex Shorncliffe at 0720hrs.
W0P9 ex Manly.(Cleveland line) at 0740hrs.
30P1 ex Thorneside .(Cleveland line) at 0751hrs.
30P5 ex Redbank (Ipswich line) at 0646hrs
3023 ex Redbank at 0751hrs.
W708 ex Mitchelton (Ferny Grove line) at 0734hrs.
W9P2 ex Zillmere (Caboolture line) at 0700hrs.

Afternoon peak outbound
-----------------------------------
W163 to Caboolture dep Central 1619hrs.
WE73 to Mitchelton dep Central 1718hrs.
W7P6 to Kingston (Beenleigh line) dep Central 1710hrs.

All morning peak SX services go out empty and return Passenger.
All afternoon peak SX services go out Passenger and return empty.

Train numbers beginning with '3' indicate diesel locomotive.
Train numbers beginning with 'W' indicate electric locomotive.
This is subject to change according to locomotive availability.

--
Matt Smith
Brisbane, QLD

I never seem to finish anyth