Re: Cityrail fare rises suck

In <37a811e8.10067179@news.ozemail.com.au> ajwright@spam.ozemail.com.au (Ashley Wright) writes:

>  I fail to see too many places in Sydney except for maybe short
>journeys where driving could be cheaper. My calculations for the cost
>to drive and park in the city or other area's where you need to pay to
>park were extreamly generous.

Here's an example we can work out together if enough of us are interested.
>From here (Waterfall), the new return fare from the 1st of August will be
(AUD)$8.80. I'm damn sure that this is going to be *much* cheaper than the
cost of driving to/from work over the same 'as-the-crow-flies' distance...

Regards,

Craig.

--
            Craig Ian Dewick            |       Stand clear - jaws closing
 Send email to craigd@lios.apana.org.au |  Visit my Australian rail transport